Booking Terms & Conditions, Cancellations & Refunds
All our activities (ascents to peaks, courses, ski mountaineering tours, teambuilding…) are ordered by filling out the reservation form, sending an e-mail or by phone.
If the client contacts us using the booking form or by e-mail, he will receive a confirmation e-mail from us, in which he will find all the detailed information regarding the reservation and payment.
A binding reservation is confirmed by paying a deposit of 100% of the total amount. The client will be informed by e-mail about the receipt of the payment and at the same time about the confirmation of the reservation.
Cancellations of a guided trips, course, teambuilding:
- If the guided trip, team building or course is cancelled (not realized) due to our fault, the client will be refunded the full amount paid.
- If the guided trip, course or team building does not take place due to unfavorable weather and is canceled in advance, the client has the opportunity to choose an alternative date. If no alternative date suits the client, the full amount will be refunded.
- If the guided trip or course is not realized due to unfavorable weather and the client decides to choose an alternative date, and in the meantime the prices for the course or trip have changed, then the client will be charged an additional amount to match the new price of the course or trip.
- If the client cancels the guided trip or team building 1-3 days before the event, he is not entitled to a refund.
Cancellation fees – Guiding:
- If the client changes the date more than 2 times, he will be charged an admin fee of €20 for each further change.
- If the client cancels the tour 3 days before its start in the off-season or 14 days before its start in the main season (from June 1 to Oct0ber 31), he will be charged an admin fee – 100% of the total price.
- If the mountain guide (hereinafter referred to as the Guide) comes to the meeting, but the group does not leave for the guided trip, the client will be charged an admin fee of €30.
- If the Guide comes to the mountain hut, but the trip is cancelled, the client will be charged an admin fee of €50.
- If the Guide goes on the trip and the trip is canceled before the rope is attached, the client will be charged an admin fee – 50% of the total price.
- If the Guide goes on the trip and the trip is canceled after tying the rope, the client will be charged an admin fee – 100% of the total price.
- If the guided trip is canceled due to insufficient fitness and technical equipment of the client, the client will be charged an admin fee – 100% of the total price.
Cancellation fees – courses:
- If the client cancels their booking/participation 14 days before its start and does not choose an alternative date, he/she will be charged an admin fee – 50% of the total price.
- If the client cancels their booking/participation 7 days before the start and does not choose an alternative date, he/she will be charged an admin fee – 100% of the total price.
- If the client cancels their booking/participation 1-4 days before the start, he/she will be charged an admin fee – 100% of the total price.
The client can find a replacement for himself at any time.
- If the course is not filled, Mountain Pro Guiding will refund the client – 100% of the total price, or their amount paid.
The client must complete the course in the given winter season.
Cancellation fees – teambuilding:
- If the group (agency, company) sends a binding order for teambuilding and cancels it 1-10 days before its start, it will be charged an admin fee – 50% of the total price.
Gift Card – Terms and Conditions:
The gift voucher is valid for one year from the date of purchase. Extension of validity is not possible.
The gifted person, after agreement with us, can choose a date that suits him and is still free in our calendar.
Please inform the recipient that the voucher is valid for one year from the date of purchase. After expiry, the voucher is invalid.
Mountain Pro Guiding does not refund the amount paid for the gift voucher.
Group guided trips and other activities
If the group (company, agency) reserves more than 4 mountain guides for a certain date, the quoted price will be calculated individually (custom price).
Mountain climbing, ski alpinism and movement in a mountain environment can be dangerous and it is not possible to completely exclude the risk of injury for objective reasons (falling stones, etc.).
- The client is obliged to draw attention (advise the guide at the time of booking) to his health problems that could affect the course of the trip, team building or course (epilepsy, heart problems, asthma, etc.) and at the same time acknowledges that he goes at his own responsibility.
- Mountain Pro Guiding reserves the right to modify or reduction in the number of people participating in a given activity in the event of an unexpected change in the weather or conditions that may occur in a given period. This means that if it snows or the snow cover persists during the given period, then difficult conditions arise and the mountain guide has the right to reduce the number of people from three to two, especially when climbing any peak in the Tatras or an activity where the safety of clients could be at risk.
- The minimum age of children to complete guided trips or course is 7 years.
- Mountain Pro Guiding reserves the right to change the location of the tour at any time in case of unsuitable conditions or high avalanche danger.
- Mountain Pro Guiding has the right to cancel the tour if the client is not physically and technically fit enough and it endangers the whole group.
- Mountain Pro Guiding reserves the right to cancel the tour at any time due to unfavorable conditions.
We carry out all ascents to the Tatra peaks in accordance with the valid TANAP visitor regulations.
Mountain Pro Guiding provides insurance for the intervention of the mountain rescue service for clients in Slovakia free of charge.
Outside of Slovakia, the client is obliged to take out insurance himself for all activities.